Sept 11 – CVES Update
Thank you for a great start to the school year! We’ve gotten back into the routine of school and overall things are going very well. I wanted to briefly reach out to each of our Crimson View families and share a couple of reminders.
- Early Release PLC – next Monday, Sept 14 we will follow our Friday schedule, dismiss at 1:15pm. This allows teachers to learn and grow professionally as well as prepare more in depth so they can effectively work with your children.
- Student Face Coverings – please remember to send your student with a mask each day. A face shield can be used if preferred, simply complete approval form in the office. (Face Shield is defined as a face covering that covers the entire face; protects the eyes of the wearer; is made of clear plastic; secures at the top of the head; does not secure under the chin) Parent Pro Tip: place an extra mask in your student’s backpack so that even if they forget their regular mask they have a backup ready to use.
- Toys – All toys are better left at home so they are not lost, broken, or stolen at school. Our classroom teachers have plenty of equipment for students to play with during recess. Additionally, toys can be a distraction to student learning. Please check in with your student, remind them to keep their toys at home.
- Student Safety – Please review your daily plan with your child regarding how they come and go from school. Talk about safety with them. Many students enjoy walking or riding a bike to and from school. Plan a safe route for them to use each day as they travel to and from school. Make sure your child understands how important it is to be safe and cautious while on roadways and especially at intersections.
I’ve been thrilled to be back in school with your children. They are exceptional human beings and I have a great hope in the future because of them! It is an honor to interact with them each day.
Please continue to make time to read for 20 minutes at home each night. When your student knows how much you value reading and their education they quickly adopt the same values and feelings.
Adam Baker (Principal) | 435-634-7000 | email@example.com
Looking Ahead: (https://cves.washk12.org/calendar/)
- Sept 14 – Early Release PLC Day (1:15 dismiss)
- Sept 24 – PTA Walk or Bike to School Day
- Oct 5 – Early Release PLC Day (1:15 dismiss)
- Oct 6 – Fall Picture Re-take Day
- Oct 9 – Egg Drop Day & Parent Picnic
- Oct 15~16 – Fall Break NO SCHOOL
- Oct 26~30 – Crimson View Spirit Week
- Oct 30 – Halloween Parade @ 9:15