Summer Fun! (T-minus one month!?)
Wildcats & Families!
Don’t look now but we’re down to one month left of summer! Yep, school starts on Aug 12 … one month from today! I have been in and out Crimson View, I’ve enjoyed some summer fun with my family and I even made it to the top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.
I just wanted to get the word out about a few items and I just wanted you to think about school for a few minutes this summer!
- Class placement email – expect an email on Aug 5 (morning) with classroom/teacher assignment.
- Open House – Friday, Aug 9, 4-5pm – Plan to come meet your teacher, see your desk and get excited for school to start on Monday, Aug 12.
- First Day of School (Grades 1-5) – 8:55am start for the first day of school! Don’t forget to get to bed early on Aug 11!
- Aug 12 ~ Aug 16 – Early Release Schedule (1:15 Dismiss) Each student will have an appointment to meet individually with their classroom teacher and complete a brief literacy assessment. This will help teachers zero in on what they can do to help your child excel this year in reading!
- Aug 28 – Back to School Night 5:30 pm – Parents will have the chance to come to the school, briefly meet for a general session as well as a session with their child’s classroom teacher. Parents can expect to learn everything they need to know about how they can help their child have the best school year ever!
- Aug 29 – 4-7pm Teachers Available for Parent meetings by appointment (as requested if desired)
I have spoken with many of our teachers and they are enjoying their summer so far and a few of them are starting to get the “back to school teacher itch“. Additionally, we’ve hired some great new teachers to join us this upcoming school year! I’m looking forward to an exceptional year! Stay safe, play hard, keep reading and don’t forget to enjoy the ride!
See you on Aug 9 from 4-5pm at our Open House!
Adam Baker (Principal) | email@example.com | 435-634-7000
PS – Keep current with all things Crimson View by visiting our website (https://cves.washk12.org/)